Soba Noodles with Seared Salmon
Cook time: 50 minutes
Unit: Multicooker 750
Makes: 4 8-ounce servings
1 bunch of green onions, thinly sliced, divided, white part separated from green
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 lb center cut salmon filet (skin removed and dark part trimmed away, then cut into 4 equal pieces)
Salt and pepper for seasoning salmon
2 quarts of chicken stock (2 boxes)
Fresh Ginger (3 inches minced or grated)
4 tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Mirin
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
2 dried red chili peppers (optional)
6 oz. Soba Noodles (Buckwheat if available)
1. Season the salmon with salt, pepper.
2. Set to STOVETOP HIGH HEAT, add olive oil and sear the salmon on both sides until medium rare. Remove salmon from pot and set aside.
3. Add the broth, minced ginger, white and pale parts of the green onion, soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, and red chili peppers to pot and bring to a boil, about 10 minutes.
4. Reduce to STOVETOP LOW, cover and let broth simmer for 20 – 30 minutes.
5. Add soba noodles to the pot and gently stir them to prevent sticking. Set pot to STOVETOP MED and bring the broth to a low boil until noodles are almost cooked. Add seared salmon to broth and heat through and add the dark green onions that were reserved to the broth.
6. To plate, remove each piece of salmon and place individually in bowls, ladling broth over salmon.
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
3/4 cup olive oiL
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup water
10 oz of your favorite mixed greens and shredded cabbage
Combine all ingredients (except the olive oil) in a small mixing bowl. Using a whisk, slowly pour olive oil incorporating it into the dressing.
Pour desired amount over the greens and shredded cabbage mix.
Thai Beef Sandwiches with Green Curry Mayo
½ cup mayonnaise (you can use low fat mayonnaise)
¼ cup Thai green curry paste
1 cup lightly packed mesclun greens
1 Persian cucumber julienned
½ cup julienned carrot
½ cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
¼ cup very thinly sliced red onion
3 Tablespoons crushed roasted salted peanuts
1 ½ Tablespoon fresh lime juice
One 24-inch baguette split
12 oz. roast beef, thinly sliced (I used roasted turkey)
In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the curry paste. In a medium bowl, toss the greens with the cucumber, carrot, cilantro, onion, peanuts, and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread desired amount of curry mayonnaise on the cut sides of the baguette. Top with the sliced meat and vegetable mixture.
Serve open face with a knife on cutting board so guests can help themselves or close the baguette and slice small sandwiches for serving.