This appetizer is perfect for any Super Bowl party! We will start by saying it is not the healthiest one we have ever made. BUT, it is a healthier alternative to deep fried wings, and is sure to be devoured by your guests.
Buffalo Chicken Dippers
- 12 wooden skewers
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup hot sauce divided (Or your favorite based on your desired heat level)
- 1 pound chicken tenders cut into strips
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free blue cheese dressing or your favorite blue cheese dressing
- 4 carrots cut into sticks
- 4 celery stalks cut into sticks
Soak skewers in water 15 minutes.
Heat broiler; line broiler pan with aluminum foil.
In a bowl, stir cornstarch into 1 tablespoon hot sauce until smooth; stir in remaining hot sauce.
Add chicken; toss to coat. Let marinate for 30 – 60 minutes.
Thread chicken lengthwise on skewers; reserve remaining hot sauce mixture.
Place chicken in pan so skewers hang off edge; cover exposed sticks with aluminum foil.
Broil 4 minutes. Turn chicken; brush with remaining sauce.
Broil until chicken is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
In another bowl, combine blue cheese and dressing.
Serve chicken with celery sticks and blue cheese dipping sauce.
Inspired by Epicurious