I’d like to thank the nutritionist, Rachel Beller for being part of this episode. She is a wealth of knowledge and I learn something new every time we are together. Be sure to check out her website Bellernutrition.com for more information on PowerPerks. Thank you Rachel!
De-bloat Me Tea
- 6 cups filtered water
- Handful of fresh parsley washed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds or ½ cup sliced fresh fennel
- 2-3 pieces -1” fresh ginger root sliced
- Juice of half a lemon
Boil about 6 cups of filtered water in a small pot. Add parsley, fennel seeds or sliced fresh fennel, and ginger. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add juice of half a lemon.
Ladle tea into a cup and enjoy. Chill the rest in a pitcher or mason jar for later.
Directions for Alternative Method:
Place ingredients in a teapot strainer and add water to teapot. Boil on medium for about 5-7 minutes.
Here is a sample of a teapot strainer.
Psyllium and Water/Iced Tea
- 1 tablespoon psyllium
- 1 cup iced tea water, or smoothie
Mix psyllium into 1 cup of beverage of choice and drink right away before the mixture gets too thick.
Follow by drinking a cup of water or plain iced tea afterwards since it’s best to keep your digestive tract well-hydrated
- 3 bulbs of fennel
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Red chili flakes to taste
- Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Trim fennel bulbs. Halve bulbs lengthwise; slice lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick
On a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, toss fennel with oil; season with salt, red chili flakes,
and pepper. Roast, turning once, until browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 2 fennel bulbs sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Small pinch sea salt
- Power Up: grated lemon zest
Toss all ingredients together and serve immediately or chill overnight (covered).
Banana Matcha Nice Cream
- 4 bananas sliced frozen
- 1.5 teaspoons matcha
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs or powder topping
- Optional: while blending add a splash of milk (almond or other)
Blend the frozen bananas and matcha powder until semi-smooth in a high powered blender or using a hand immersion
blender. Divide into 4 serving bowls.
Top with cacao nibs when serving.
Recipe NotesServing size: ¾ cup Vegan, Gluten-free
Photographer: Gilbert Sosa