Brazilian Grilled Steak Salad
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce divided
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak thinly sliced across the grain on a diagonal
- 1/2 pineapple peeled, cut into 1/2-in. rounds
- 2 red bell peppers stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 ounces baby spinach 2 1/2 qts. lightly packed
Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°). In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, 2 tbsp. soy sauce, the garlic, and ginger. Add steak and toss to coat. Grill pineapple and peppers with lid down until beginning to char, turning once, 3 to 6 minutes total. Transfer to a plate, core pineapple, and cut pineapple and peppers into chunks.
Whisk together lime juice, orange zest and juice, remaining 3 tbsp. soy sauce, the vinegar, chili garlic sauce, and oil in a small bowl; set dressing aside. Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels. Grill steak with lid down until meat is sizzling and mostly browned, turning once, 2 to 4 minutes total, being careful slices don't fall through grate.
Toss together spinach, pineapple, bell pepper, steak, and dressing in a large bowl until evenly coated.
Hearts of Palm Avocado Salad
- One 14-ounce can hearts of palm chopped thinly
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a bowl, add the sliced hearts of palm, avocado, peanuts, and the olive oil.
Pour the lemon juice on top and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Toss the salad and serve on a bowl or plate.
Drizzle the balsamic vinegar on top and serve.