This easy and delicious recipe is the perfect light meal! It’s also great for getting little ones to eat their greens. Camila’s tip is to chop the veggies smaller because the kids are more likely to eat them!
Camila recently made this dish on the TODAY show, you can check it out here!
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of quinoa –
- 1 Tsp of Better than Bouillon vegetable or seafood flavor base
- 2 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
Shrimp Medley Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 pound of shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoon of lemon zest
- pinch of red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 can of artichoke hearts drained and roughly chopped
- 4 ounces of spinach
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 4 lemon wedges to serve on individual plate
In a large frying pan heat olive oil over medium heat add garlic and onion. Cook until onions are translucent; add shrimp, lemon zest and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Sauté until shrimp are cooked through. Add the artichoke hearts and cook for a few more minutes. Turn heat off add spinach, season with salt and pepper and toss.
Place desired amount of quinoa on the bottom of each individual plate add shrimp medley on top and serve with a wedge of lemon. Enjoy!!
Directions for Quinoa:
Boil water with 1 Tsp of Better than Bouillon, add quinoa and cook according to package directions, approximately 15 minutes. Add the 2 ounce of Parmesan cheese and mix together.