This post is in partnership with H-E-B
There are a lot of conversations on how organic food is really expensive and the majority of the population can not afford it. And to some extent that’s accurate but not 100%.
Watch the videos below to see how you can feed your whole family organic meals for under $20 with simple recipes that anyone can do it!!
Remember that everyone’s tastes are different, so when making the recipes give them your own twist or your own extra spices or seasoning if you get inspired or feel the need to!
We are on a mission and we will do better together!!!
Simple “Inspired” Stir Fry
For the rice
- 1 32oz bag H-E-B Organics Jasmine Thai rice
- 1 box H-E-B Organics Chicken Stock or 4 Cups of Water
For the stir fry
- 1.5 tbso Sesame Oil
- 2 organic Green onions (chopped)
- 2 organic Cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup H-E-B Organics Spinach
- 1 leaf H-E-B Organics Mint
- 1/2 cup H-E-B Organics Roasted Cashews
- 1 16oz bag Frozen H-E-B Organics mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, peas and green beans)
- 2 H-E-B Organics Large brown eggs
- 1/3 cup Tamari
- 1/2 Lime
For the rice
*This recipe can be completely vegetarian if you’d like by not using chicken stock.
Add the rice and liquid into a large stockpot, bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a low simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes and then turn the heat off leaving the cover in place.
For the stir fry
In a Wok or large skillet over high heat, add the sesame oil.
Add garlic and sauté until garlic blooms, becomes golden in color.
Add the whole bag of frozen mixed vegetables. Cook over high heat while tossing.
Drizzle about half of the tamari into the vegetable mixture.
Add the chopped spinach and continue to cook over high heat.
*Tip: Push the vegetables over to the side of the Wok so the water from the vegetables will settle to the bottom of the Wok and cookoff.
Slowly add the cooked rice to the stir fry and add a little more tamari.
Push the rice and vegetable mixture to the side of the wok or pan and add the eggs to the empty section of the pan.
Using your wooden spoon, mix the eggs to a light scrabble and then combine with the rice and vegetable mixture.
Add half cup of the cashews to the stir fry and toss to combine.
Squeeze ½ lime over the stir fry and toss to combine.
Bolognese Pasta Dish
- Olive Oil (for drizzling)
- 2 cloves H-E-B Organics garlic
- 1 handful H-E-B Organics kale (fine chopped)
- 2 handfuls H-E-B Organics white onion (fine chopped)
- 1 large H-E-B Organics carrot (chopped)
- 1 large H-E-B Organics tomato (chopped)
- 1 25oz jar H-E-B Organics marinara sauce
- 1 25oz jar H-E-B Organics marinara garlic lovers’ sauce
- 3 drizzles honey
- 1 16oz pack H-E-B Organics ground grass feed beef
- 1 pound H-E-B Organics Capellini
- Flake salt
- Black pepper
Over medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil into a large saucepan. Add the garlic and a sprinkle of salt to release all the flavor and fragrance. Stir to combine. Add onions, chopped carrot, and chopped tomato. Let it cook down for a minute until onions are translucent. Add the chopped kale and stir to combine.
Add ground beef and break up evenly in the pan.
*Tip - You can use a whisk to help break up the meat.
Season beef with salt and pepper and cook beef until medium or medium-well.
Add both jars of the sauce to the pan. Increase the heat to high and bring sauce to a boil. Then reduce heat to low for a simmer. The longer you cook the sauce the more flavorful it becomes. Cook for a minimum of 20 minutes up until 60 minutes on a low simmer.
As sauce finishes, add two basil leaves and three drizzles of honey.
While sauce is simmering, cook your pasta.
Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add pasta to boiling water and cook it until it is it almost al dente. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce.
The pasta will finish cooking in the meat sauce and will absorb even more flavor.