Brazilian Grilled Steak Salad and Hearts of Palm Avocado Salad
- 1 tbsp honey
- 5 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely shredded fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain on a diagonal
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cut into 1/2-in. rounds
- 2 medium red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- 1 can hearts of palm (rinsed and sliced)
- 1 large ripe avocado (diced or sliced)
- 1 large lime, juiced
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 oz baby spinach (2 1/2 qts. lightly packed)
- Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°). In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, 2 tbsp. soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Add steak and toss to coat. Grill pineapple and peppers with lid down until beginning to char, turning once, 3 to 6 minutes total. Transfer to a plate, core pineapple, and cut pineapple and peppers into chunks.
- Whisk together lime juice, orange zest and juice, remaining 3 tbsp. soy sauce, the vinegar, chili garlic sauce, and oil in a small bowl; set dressing aside. Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels. Grill steak with lid down until meat is sizzling and mostly browned, turning once, 2 to 4 minutes total, being careful slices don't fall through grate.
- Toss together spinach, pineapple, bell pepper, hearts of palm, avocado, steak, and dressing in a large bowl until evenly coated.