Looking for a great side dish? We can't get enough of this Crispy Roasted Cabbage. It's healthy, easy to make and a nice alternative to roasted Brussels Sprouts (which for the record, we also love).
If you try it, be sure to take a picture and tag us on Instagram!
Crispy Roasted Cabbage
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head Savoy cabbage cut into 8-10 wedges (Wedge should not be thicker than 1.5”)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp (or to taste) of red pepper flakes (if you have a spice mill, grind the pepper flakes to a powder. This helps with even distribution).
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (oven gets reduced, see below).
- Brush both sides of each cabbage wedge with olive oil. Sprinkle garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper over each wedge.
- Arrange wedges on a baking sheet (*tip if you have parchment paper it makes cleanup easier).
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; flip cabbage and continue roasting until browned and charred in some areas, about 15 minutes more.
- Cover cabbage with parchment paper and reduce oven to 350 degrees F. Cook covered for about 45 minutes or until knife tender.
- Squeeze lemon over each wedge and serve.
— Women of Today