We love a good homemade pizza (yum!) and are always looking for ways to make more creative and healthy versions of this classic! Now, we know gluten-free or cauliflower crust is all the rage lately, but have you ever tried making mini pizzas with an eggplant base? It is soooo yummy and savory … Just bake your eggplant in the oven, and simply add the ingredients on top before a quick broil.
To make ours, we used fresh basil from our garden, tomatoes, organic tomato sauce and provolone cheese … But the best part about this recipe is you can add as many toppings as you want! So feel free to get creative. This recipe is a great snack, dinner option or even party appetizer for both kids and adults!
Watch our full video with the recipe here!
- 2 large eggplants
- 24 oz jar organic tomato sauce
- 20 slices provolone (or mozzarella) cheese
- 3-4 oz fresh organic cherry tomatoes, sliced
- organic basil, as desired
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- pepper flakes, optional
- 1 cup each additional topping, as desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the eggplant into 1 inch thick round pieces.
- In two baking trays arrange the sliced eggplants.
- Sprinkle the Himalayan salt and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the bake eggplant from the oven and turn your broiler on.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce over each eggplant round followed by one slice of provolone.
- Arrange some fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes over the cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes.
- Make sure you keep a close look while the eggplant is under the broiler as they can burn really fast.
Recipe inspired by Eat Good 4 Life.
Enjoy! Beijos xx
Women of Today