Want to know one of Camila's go-to traditions for the winter months? Read on!
This time of the year, kids always seem to be fighting off a cold or flu. It is constant and usually unavoidable. Growing up in Brazil, whenever Camila became sick her Mom would make this tea for her. And it always made her feel better! Eventually, she started making it to help prevent her from getting sick. Now, she has carried on the tradition and makes it for her children this time of year whether they are sick or not.
The tea only has five ingredients, and three of them help ward off cold and flu viruses. First, the tea has ginger, which is an anti-inflammatory and helps to soothe a sore throat. Second, it has turmeric, which is a powerful antioxidant and helps strengthen the immune system. Finally, the lemon used in the recipe is reported to decrease the strength of the cold and flu virus in the body and reduce phlegm.
The other two ingredients in the tea are water and a little bit of honey for sweetness. This is a quick and easy recipe to make. You or your little ones will feel better in no time when you are under the weather. The recipe we are showing you is just a base for the tea. Feel free to add anything else you may love, like cinnamon or other anti-inflammatory foods such as peppermint. The combinations are endless!
Winter Immune Boosting Tea
- 3 cucharadas. miel de abeja
- 1 cucharadas. jengibre en rodajas
- juice from one lemon, saving the peel to add to the saucepan
- 2 rebanadas cúrcuma
- 4 tazas de agua
- On low heat, place honey in a medium saucepan and stir. Cook this until it becomes dark in color.
- While the honey starts to cook, add in your chopped ginger.
- Next, squeeze your lemon and leave the peel in the pan.
- Add the two slices of turmeric.
- Pour in the water and let the tea simmer in the pan for a few minutes and then serve.
¡Que la disfrutes!