For those of you looking for a recipe for Father’s Day, this is a great option for a little backyard BBQ in honor of dad. The kids can even help out making the kabobs. You can make this recipe with beef or chicken or a combination of both (that’s our preference). Similar recipes call for brown sugar, I wanted to try honey as the sugar substitute and it worked great!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin, cut into bite sized cubes and or boneless chicken breast cut into bite sized cubes
- 4 pieces of pineapple chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into large chunks (I used large jalapenos)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 white onion cut into large slices
- 4 skewers
Whisk honey, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, and ground ginger together in a bowl; pour into a gallon-sized sealable plastic bag.
Add beef/chicken, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, flipping the bag several times as the meat marinates.
Preheat indoor or outdoor grill and lightly brush with oil.
Remove meat from marinade and discard excess marinade.
Thread beef or chicken, peppers, onions, and finish with one pineapple chunk on the top of skewer.
Cook the skewers until nicely browned, turning often.
Approximate cooking time: 10 Min
Photos by: Lorianne DeVita