Part of the fun of Halloween is getting crafty, and what’s more enjoyable than being a little inventive with food?
Jack O’ Lantern Pumpkin Yams have quickly become one of our favorite healthy snacks for kids on this spooky holiday – and we love that they taste sweet, too! This all-natural recipe only requires three easy + organic ingredients.
When selecting your yams, be sure to opt for shorter and rounder ones so that you have enough thick pieces to make your pumpkin cutouts (here is a great pumpkin cookie cutter). We can always get behind a DIY project that’s simple and makes us feel super creative!
- 6 Large Yams
- Coconut Oil
- Salt flakes to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel the yams and cut the larger centers into ¼ inch circular pieces large enough to fit your cookie cutter. Use the cookie cutter to create the pumpkin design.
- Using a small knife, carve out eyes and mouth design.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, coat both sides of each cutout with coconut oil. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes to taste.
Enjoy! Beijos xx
Women of Today