Part of the fun of Halloween is getting crafty, and what’s more enjoyable than being a little inventive with food? Jack O’ Lantern Pumpkin Yams have quickly become one of our favorite healthy snacks for kids on this spooky holiday – and we love that they taste sweet, too! This all-natural recipe only requires three easy + organic ingredients.
When selecting your yams, be sure to opt for shorter and rounder ones so that you have enough thick pieces to make your pumpkin cutouts. We can always get behind a DIY project that’s simple and makes us feel super creative!
- 6 Large Yams
- Coconut Oil
- Salt flakes to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel the yams and cut the larger centers into ¼ inch circular pieces large enough to fit your cookie cutter. Use the cookie cutter to create the pumpkin design.
- Using a small knife, carve out eyes and mouth design.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, coat both sides of each cutout with coconut oil. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes to taste.
Enjoy! Beijos xx
Women of Today