☘️Who is ready for some St. Paddy’s Shamrock Spinach Pancakes with Oat Flour?! Let’s just say we’re totally obsessed with this festive, easy + delicious new #WOT recipe that’s perfect for kids and adults alike. Forget the green food coloring that is typically used in recipes for this holiday — We’re all about the all-natural, organic stuff here at Women of Today … That’s why we used spinach to make these extra fun (and, you can’t even taste it).
You’ll get all the added nutritional benefits from using greens, plus a completely dairy and gluten-free new breakfast recipe! We suggest serving these nice and warm, and drizzling agave syrup on top for extra flavor! To use year round, just skip the clover cut-out, which we found here.
St. Paddy's Shamrock Spinach Pancakes with Oat Flour
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup organic spinach
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- agave syrup, if desired for topping
- 1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil for cooking
- Measure 2 ¼ cup of oats. We used Red Mill Organic Old Fashion Rolled Oats.
- Pulse oats in a food processor until fine.
- Add your eggs, milk, banana and spinach to the processor.
- Pulse until smooth. The mixture will still be slightly chunky due to the oat flour profile.
- Scoop out contents of food processor into a bowl. Add baking powder. Mix. If mixture seems too soupy, add more oat flour.
- Use griddle if possible for cooking. If not, heat avocado oil in pan, make sure it is at a good heat, and flip pancake after a couple minutes.
- Let the pancakes cool for 5 minutes. Take shamrock cut-out and press firmly to create clover design. Repeat.
- Drizzle with agave syrup if desired! Serve warm.
Enjoy! Beijos xx
Women of Today