• 4 tablespoons 1/2 stick unsalted butter
• 1/3 cup Frank's RedHot Sauce or any other favorite hot sauce as spicy or mild as you like.
• 1 pound ground chicken preferably thigh meat
• 1 large egg
• 1/2 celery stalk minced
• 3/4 cup bread crumbs
• 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Combine the butter and hot sauce in a small saucepan, and cook over low heat, whisking until the butter is melted and fully incorporated. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Combine the hot sauce mixture, ground chicken, egg, celery, bread crumbs, and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix by hand until thoroughly incorporated.
4. Roll the mixture into round, 3/4 -inch balls, making sure to pack the meat firmly. Chill the meat mixture for one hour. Makes it easier to roll the meatballs or form into footballs. Place the balls or formed footballs on parchment covered baking sheet.
5. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the meatballs are firm and cooked through.
6. Allow the meatballs to cool for 5 minutes in the baking dish before serving.
7. *You can use your favorite dipping sauce and to make the strings on the football, you can use any white color dressing you already have in your refrigerator. I added the dressing into a zip lock bag and snipped a small corner off to pipe the lines on the football.
8. Serve with extra hot sauce or blue cheese.
Inspired by Epicurious