Thought guilt-free fries were a myth? Skip the greasy fingers but get all the satisfaction with these oil-free low carb crispy zucchini fries.
These fries by Every Last Bite are a snacking dream! Crunchy on the outside and deliciously warm and soft in the middle, you would never guess these zucchini fries are healthy! By baking them in the oven on a lined baking sheet you can skip the oil, saving calories, fat and guilt! Put away the sugary ketchup and serve these zucchini fries with a deliciously fresh garlic and herb dipping sauce which is rich in protein and calcium.
Crispy Zucchini Fries with Garlic Herb Dip
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 tbsp gluten free flour
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp skim milk (or almond milk)
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/3 cup nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the zucchini and cut in slices approximately 1/2 an inch in thickness. Place the zucchini sticks in a Ziploc bag along with the flour, salt and pepper. Seal the bag and shake well until all sides of the zucchini sticks are lightly coated in flour.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg and milk. In another bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan, herbs and spices.
- Working in batches of 2sticks at a time, dip the zucchini in the egg and then dredge in the dry mixture so that all sides are well coated and then place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining zucchini sticks.
- Bake the zucchini in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through to ensure they are evenly crisp and golden.
- Stir together all of the ingredient for the dipping sauce and serve alongside the warm zucchini fries.