Okay guys, sharing with you an easy at-home meal that I made. This recipe is great because you can really work with whatever you have at home in your fridge or pantry!
Feel free to adjust the portion sizes and the ingredients …. Check out the video below of how I made it so you can see how easy it is to just adjust the recipe.
Fish + Couscous
- Pearl Couscous or any small pasta or grain you have on hand.
- 1 bunch Broccoli or any green vegetable you have
- Carrots or any squash, or use any vegetable you have available
- olive oil, salt, pepper and tamari (or soy sauce or coconut aminos) to taste
- White fish filet of any kind, with skin on
- salt, pepper and lemon (or preferred seasonings) to taste
- Use Pearl Couscous or any small pasta or grain you have on hand. Cook according to package directions for the number of people you are serving. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Approximately one bunch of Broccoli or any green vegetable you have. Blanche quickly in boiling water to keep it crisp and dark green.
- Carrots or any squash, or use any vegetable you have available and cut into bite size pieces and boiled in the same water as the green vegetable until tender.
- Add the harder veggies to the pasta and dress to taste with olive oil, salt, pepper and tamari if you have it. Coconut aminos or just a little soy sauce work as well. If you have a favorite salad dressing this would be a good place to use it as well. Toss in the broccoli or softer veggies last to keep them from falling apart.
- White fish of any kind works but be creative and use what you have. To get a nice crust on the fish it should be washed and patted dry.
- Season the fish simple salt, pepper and lemon if you have it (that's what I used). Or, use your favorite seasoning.
- Start with a hot skillet / medium high heat, coated with oil.
- Place the fish skin side down and put gentle pressure to get the whole surface in contact with the pan and keep the fish from curling up.
- Cook until you see a golden color appearing on the edges of the fish then flip. Cook on the second side for just a few minutes and remove from the pan onto a plate with paper towel.
- If your fish is on the thicker side this will take a little longer and you may need to reduce the heat to cook the fish through.
Serve the fish and pasta with a simple salad for a quick and delicious dinner.
Stay safe everyone.