Because we know how much you all enjoy a good salad!
This week in the WOT Test Kitchen we developed this super easy and very pretty Spring Mix Apple Bleu Cheese Salad. This dish is beautiful as a side salad served with any meal, but if you want to make this a main course, simply add a protein like grilled chicken or a piece of fish.
WOT we love about this recipe: The combination of sweet apple and rich bleu cheese, along with the acidity from the balsamic drizzle, make for the perfect bite every time. If you’re not a fan of bleu cheese, you can substitute it with goat cheese which is equally as delicious in this recipe.
Spring Mix Apple Bleu Cheese Salad
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 5 oz spring mix
- 1/2 Honeycrisp apple (finely diced)
- 4 oz bleu cheese (we used Roquefort), large crumbles goat cheese can be substituted
- 1/4 cup candied pecans, broken
- balsamic glaze
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt, black pepper, and dijon mustard. Whisk well to incorporate.
- Add the spring mix to the large mixing bowl and gently toss.
- Plate the spring mix onto 4 salad plates. Evenly divide the diced apple, bleu cheese, and candied pecans between the 4 plates.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over each plate and serve.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita