Watch Video For Contest Details!
We need your HELP again!! Let’s make one day for your mother figure be all about her!!! Nominate the mother figure in your life and share why her story or her amazing influence on you is needed of a special day on us at #womenoftoday! ?????? Just send us your story via a e-mail to email@example.com! I will be reading the e-mails into Sunday 5PM EST and revealing the two special moms that will get pampered in their own cities with the person that nominated them!! How fun is that??!! #community -/-/-/-/- ??????? Meus amores dia das mães está chegando e eu quero fazer algo bem especial para duas mamães!!! Vou providenciar um dia no spa, massagem, manicure e um jantar maravilhoso para ela e a pessoa que a nomear na cidade dela mesmo! Mande um e-mail para firstname.lastname@example.org contando por que essa mãezona é muito especial e porque ela merece ter um dia só para ela! Vou estar lendo os e-mails até esse domingo 5 horas da tarde horário de NY! E revelando as 2 mães especiais!
Cucumber/Jalapeno Cole Slaw
- 1 10 oz package of shredded cabbage some brands have carrot in it too, that’s what I used
- 1 cucumber seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup of red onion chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 and a half limes zest and juiced
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cabbage, cucumber, jalapeno, onion, cilantro and lime zest.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and all the lime juice. Stir to combine and make the dressing. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Notes*For optimal taste, make ahead of time to allow the flavors to meld. This can also be made a day in advance as the cabbage holds up well. If you’d like more spice, you can add another jalapeno.*
Mango Butter Lettuce Salad
For the salad:
- 10 oz package of butter lettuce or 1 head
- ½ cup mangos sliced thin
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onions
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon mint
For the dressing:
- ½ clove of garlic minced
- ¼ cup of white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 Tablespoon on Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon flake salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, mango, onions, basil and mint.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing.
Pour the dressing on top of the salad ingredients.
Recipe Notes**This should be made very close to the time you’re ready to serve. As a tip, you can have all ingredients prepped, even the night before and combine them just before serving.**
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- 2 heaping teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 14.5- ounce can diced tomatoes drained (optional)
- Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken sliced or shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves roughly chopped (garnish)
- ¼ cup thinly slice jalapeno garnish
Side Dish Options
- 1 cup white rice cooked according to package directions
- 10 oz package of Tuscan Kale sautéed with 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil and 2 minced cloves of garlic
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until soft.
Sprinkle onions with the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add the yogurt and coconut milk, stir gently for 3 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper, and tomatoes (if desired) and sliced or shredded chicken. Cook over low heat for 10 -15 minutes.
Serve with rice or sautéed kale.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and/or jalapeno pepper
Pink Lentils and Pork Belly Soup
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- One garlic clove chopped
- 2 1/3 cups of chopped pork belly. Excess fat removed.
- 2 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 11 oz of Pink Lentils or half bag most bags are 22oz
- 2 cups hot water
In a stock pot over medium heat, add olive oil, onions and garlic, stir to combine. Add pork belly and sauté until browned. Add salt, cumin and paprika. Add two cups of hot water and stir in lentils.
Cook into lentils are soft and have a consistency of thick soup... around 35 minutes on medium low heat.