The beauty industry is usually buzzing around Vitamin C and its ability to help you achieve flawless skin! But today we want to offer a reminder of just how vital vitamin C is to your health
Here is the deal: Vitamin C aids in the regeneration of tissues and leads to the enzymatic production of several neurotransmitters, which help in the proper functioning of the body.
But that’s not all — Vitamin C is also rich in antioxidants that help to protect the body from the damage caused by free radicals.
Having a diet high in vitamin C may help you with these 4 things:
• Improve your immune system: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can strengthen your body’s natural defenses. Antioxidants are molecules that boost the immune system.
• Helps your body absorb iron: Vitamin C helps convert non-heme iron into a form that is easier for the body to make use of.
• Protects cognitive ability: Antioxidant-rich vitamin C helps combat oxidative stress which could lead to cognitive decline.
• Promotes eye health: Taking vitamin C supplements alongside other vitamins and minerals may prevent age-related macular degeneration from worsening.
So how do you load up on it? When you think about food high in vitamin C, citrus fruit is generally the first thing to come to mind, but there are a number of other fruits and vegetables that are also high in vitamin C.
Fruit + Vegetables high in vitamin C aside from citrus fruits:
- Pineapples and mangoes
- Red pepper
- Most melons
- Raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries
- Leafy greens, such as kale or spinach
So consider this your official reminder to load up on your vitamin C!
Have any other good health tips for us that we should be sharing? Email them to us at email@example.com