Take your margarita salted rim to the next level with this savory and spicy salted rim.
This Ancho Chili Salt Rim isn’t just perfect for your favorite margarita but can also work with your favorite bloody Mary.
The key to any homemade salt rim is the type of salt you use. Coarse sea salt is always our preferred type of salt when it comes to perfecting a cocktail. If you don’t already have some, we highly consider adding it to your pantry. It’s not only a good ingredient to have on hand for this recipe but works great as a finishing salt over your summertime tomatoes, yum!
If you want a great go-to margarita recipe, we suggest you try our DeVita Margarita Recipe.
Ancho Chili Salt Rim
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt, such as maldon sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Ancho chili powder
- tiny pinch of cinnamon
- tiny pinch of red pepper flakes
- wedges of lime for serving and one for prepping the glass
- Combine all the dry ingredients on a plate that will comfortably fit your glasses when turned upside-down.
- Working with one glass at a time, rub one of the lime wedges all the way around the rim of the glass. Turn the glass upside-down and tap into the chili salt mixture until you have the desired amount of salt around the rim. Repeat for each glass.
- Store any remaining mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Making a cocktail with this rim? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita