Pumpkin spice season calls for a homemade, delicious better-for-you syrup!
Straight out of the WOT Test Kitchen today is this Better For You Pumpkin Spice Syrup that embodies the warm and comforting flavors of the season!
Made with a blend of wholesome ingredients, including coconut sugar, honey, and a perfect medley of spices, this syrup is the perfect addition to your favorite warm beverage.
How can you use this Better For You Pumpkin Spice Syrup you ask? Well, beyond adding it to your favorite drinks (like your morning latte), you can drizzle it over oatmeal, throw some in a cocktail or over ice cream…. Basically anywhere you want to add the warm and cosy taste of fall.
Store this homemade pumpkin spice syrup for up 1 month refrigerated.
Better For You Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin (not spiced)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the water, coconut sugar, honey, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes until coconut sugar dissolves.
- Let the mixture come to a low boil, and add pumpkin. Whisk to combine.
- Simmer, whisking occasionally, for 10 minutes, until the mixture slightly thickens.
- Once it is slightly cool, pour into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to one month. *If you have a fine mesh strainer, you can strain the syrup and pour it into your jar.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita