Looking for an easy yet impressive brunch recipe? We've got you!
This Broccoli and Cheese Quiche is perfect for any holiday brunch, or really any occasion you need a beautiful dish! It’s a simple yet flavorful recipe you can put together quickly. The secret touch to this easy and savory quiche is brushing your cooked crust with Dijon mustard before filling the pie shell (you can thank us later).
In the typical Women of Today style, we did our best to make this recipe healthier by reducing the amount of heavy cream used without sacrificing the taste and the result is great.
Broccoli and Cheese Quiche
- 9” readymade pie shell or pie shell crust
- 1-2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 12 oz bags of frozen broccoli florets
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Steam or microwave your frozen broccoli for 3-5 minutes, drain well, and set aside.
- Roll your readymade pie crust and fit it into your pie plate. If you use a frozen readymade shell, you can skip this step.
- Bake your empty pie crust in a 425-degree oven for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven, lightly brush the pie crust's inside with Dijon mustard, and set aside.
- Lower oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your drained broccoli into the bottom of the cooked pie shell.
- Combine the eggs, salt and pepper, cream, and milk in a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined. Add the shredded cheese and whisk again.
- Pour the mixture over the broccoli into the pie shell. Using a spatula, pat down the cheese and even out the top of the quiche.
- Cover the quiche with parchment and bake for 40 minutes. Remove parchment and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes until golden brown and the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let quiche rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita