We are so excited to share with you all this really great, super simple Butternut Squash + Carrot Soup recipe! Soup is definitely our go-to meal for chillier days, and we love that it stores well in the fridge for the whole week (longer when we freeze our batches!). Another added bonus … Soup is an excellent way to get veggies in for the kiddos!
Camila loves making this hearty Roasted Butternut Squash + Carrot Soup when she’s in the mood for something warm, nutritious, filling + vegetarian! The steps are so simple … All you need is a blender to achieve that wonderful puréed consistency for squash and carrots after they’ve been nicely roasted. Finish off this dish with a dollop of organic sour cream or plain yogurt and chives and you’re all set!
This recipe comes from one of our own Women of Today team members, Lexi Morgan.
Roasted Butternut Squash + Carrot Soup
- 1 butternut squash, chopped
- 1 medium onion, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided between the squash centers
- 2 tsp coconut sugar, divided between the squash centers
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- 1 cup diced carrots or baby carrots
- chives, if desired for topping
- 1 scoop plain yogurt or sour cream, if desired for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Lay the carrots, squash and onion on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Roast with olive oil, coconut sugar and 1 cup of the vegetable stock until tender. Let cool.
- Scoop the cooled vegetables and onions into a blender, diluting with remaining vegetable stock to desired consistency. Add in nutmeg and pepper.
- Serve with a dollop of plain yogurt or source cream and diced chives!
Enjoy! Beijos xx
Women of Today