A light and beautiful salad is the perfect addition to any meal ...
If you’re constantly in search of something refreshing to complement your main dish, you came to just the right place! We got this recipe from Every Last Bite, and it is a wonderful blend of healthy goodness (our squash was roasted to perfection!) with that added touch of just enough sweet.
Camila loves our Kale, Butternut Squash + Pomegranate Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing so much that she saves extra kale from her garden just to make it! Pro Tip: Be sure to massage your kale extra well for easier digestion and optimal flavor!
This recipe is: gluten free, dairy Free, grain free, paleo, refined sugar free and vegan!
Kale, Butternut Squash + Pomegranate Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 butternut squash peeled, seeded and cut into 2 cups of small cubes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large bunch kale
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup cup pine nuts
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp honey (we used organic)
- zest from one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- lace the cubed butternut squash on a baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil and salt and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until tender and golden in colour.
- While the butternut squash are baking, prepare the remaining ingredients. Remove the stems and chop the leaves into bite sized pieces. Place the chopped kale in a large salad bowl and sprinkle the leaves with a pinch of salt. With clean hands massage the kale leaves by scrunching it between your hands for about 1 minute. The kale will become darker in colour when you do this.
- Add the pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and finely diced shallots to the kale.
- In a blender combine the ingredients for the dressing and blend until thick and creamy.
- Once the butternut squash is cooked, add it to the salad bowl along with the lemon & tahini dressing and toss until the leaves are coated. Serve.
Enjoy! Beijos xx
Recipe by Every Last Bite
This article is sponsored by H-E-B.