This one is for all our coleslaw lovers... and we know there are many of you!
Straight out of the WOT Test Kitchen today we are bringing you a bright and flavorful twist on traditional coleslaw with this Caesar Broccoli + Cabbage Slaw!
This dish is perfect as a side, or you can make it a meal by adding grilled chicken or a nice piece of salmon on top.
WOT we love about this recipe: It has the perfect combination of flavor and texture. With the crunch of the slaw combined with the zesty and creamy salad, you get the perfect bite every time.
Tip: Letting the dressed coleslaw sit in the refrigerator helps to break down the cabbage and meld all the flavors.
Caesar Broccoli and Cabbage Slaw
- 1 tsp anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 12 oz bag of broccoli slaw
- 10 oz bag of cabbage and shaved Brussels mix
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- In a mixing cup, combine the anchovy paste, minced garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, and oil. Whisk until smooth and add the 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan and a few turns of fresh cracked black pepper.
- Add broccoli slaw and mixed cabbage to a large mixing bowl and pour dressing over the top. Toss well to combine and let sit for at least 20 minutes or up to four hours in the refrigerator. This will help to breakdown the broccoli and cabbage and make it more tender.
- Dressing can be made 1-2 days ahead and refrigerated.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita