Voila...A simple and healthy salad straight from Camila!
This isn’t a specific recipe, but if you’re in the mood and want to get creative in the kitchen, this is roughly what I did to create my Daikon Radish and Tuna Salad.
Did you know daikon radishes (winter radish) have a few important health benefits? White radishes are rich in antioxidants and minerals like calcium and potassium. Together these nutrients help lower high blood pressure and reduce your risk for heart disease. This radish is also a good source of natural nitrates that helps improve blood flow.
Camila's Daikon Radish and Tuna Salad
- daikon radish
- one can of tuna
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- basil leaves
- Drain the can of tuna completely and place it in a bowl. Drizzle the tuna with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside for the moment.
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice the daikon radish.
- Place the sliced daikon radish on a plate and dress with a squeeze of lemon, salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil and set aside.
- Fold the daikon radish in half to resemble tortellini; place it in a shallow salad bowl, and create a circle with space in the center.
- Add the desired amount of tuna to the middle of the daikon radish base circle.
- Add your basil garnish to the top, and sliced avocado on the side.