This Caramelized Onion White Bean Dip features a wonderful combination of rosemary and olive oil that tastes like Italy!
When we saw this recipe created by JOVIAL FOODS, our WOT Test Kitchen had to give it a try… And let us tell you, it tastes even better than it looks!
It’s a great make-ahead appetizer you will end up making again and again. The ingredients are simple and fresh and all ones that you can find in every grocery store.
The caramelized onions bring a natural sweetness to this dip and it has a beautiful consistency that is like a hummus.
Serve it with your favorite pita chips or in our case, thinly sliced and toasted sourdough bread. We love this year-round recipe.
Caramelized Onion White Bean Dip By Jovial Foods
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- pita bread
- pita chips
- slice of lemon
- Make the caramelized onions: Heat a pan to medium heat and melt butter with olive oil.
- Chop onions into thin slices, add them to butter and oil when it begins bubbling, and stir to coat onions. Add salt to taste, garlic, rosemary, and vinegar. Continue stirring mixture.
- Cook onions on medium heat until they are completely soft and browned but not burnt, about 30 minutes. Once caramelized, turn off heat and set onions aside to cool slightly.
- Make the bean dip: Drain and rinse the beans, add them to a food processor along with vinegar, olive oil, honey (optional), and a pinch of salt.
- Add ⅔ of the cooled caramelized onions. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth but thick in texture, some larger pieces of onion are normal. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Serve at room temperature topped with remaining onions, a generous drizzle of olive, and some more fresh chopped rosemary and sliced lemon.
Enjoy! If you make this dip, be sure and share it with us on Instagram.
Recipe by JOVIAL FOODS