This gluten free and dairy free recipe is one you won't want to miss!
Sometimes it’s the simple recipes that become our favorites and these Mini Pepper Dippers might just become one of your new go-to things to make. We created this recipe in the WOT Test Kitchen and instantly loved it.
You can make these allergy-friendly Mini Pepper Dippers into an appetizer, side-dish or even a main course! They’re very versatile and can be served up any number of ways.
With a turkey base, they are packed with protein and filled with an amazing and flavorful blend of peppers, herbs and spices. You don’t need to be a professional chef to whip them up (they are fast, which we love), and they make for a great lunch or dinner.
If you are looking for some other fast and easy recipes to make that are healthy and dairy and gluten free, try these Seared Chicken Thighs in Garlic and Herb Sauce, or our One Pot Vegan Thai Chickpea Curry.
Mini Pepper Dippers
- 1.5-2 lbs ground turkey do not use lean ground turkey
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 4 jalapeño or serano chili peppers, chopped remove seed and ribs if you want less heat
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lb baby sweet peppers They are usually sold in 1lb bags - washed and split in half lengthwise, removing seeds and stem.
- Your favorite salsa
- Extra lime wedges
- In a skillet ,heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onion and chopped jalapeño or serrano peppers. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl. Add turkey, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and option cayenne.
- Top the turkey and spices with the cooled onion and pepper mixtures.
- Combine the turkey, spices and cooked pepper and onion mixture together.
- In a large low edge casserole dish, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to bottom.
- Using a small spoon, fill each mini pepper half with the turkey seasoned mixture and placed into the greased casserole dish. Move the pepper around the dish to evenly spread the olive oil. This will prevent the peppers from sticking to the casserole dish when baking.
- Once your peppers are stuffed, place into the over for 30-45 minutes or until browned on top.
- Remove from oven and serve with your favorite salsa or salad, or both.
Giving these cocktails a try? Be sure and share a photo with us on the WOT Instagram!
All photos by Lorianne DeVita