These seared chicken thighs in garlic & herb sauce are perfect for weeknight dinner, not only is this a one pan dish but it also takes less than 20 minutes to make!
Today we welcome back to WOT Carmen from Every Last Bite who is sharing with us her great (and fast!) recipe for Seared Chicken Thighs in Garlic & Herb Sauce.
The chicken thighs are pan seared until crisp and golden in color and then smothered in a garlic and herb sauce that is loaded with flavor. This chicken is Whole30, Paleo, Keto, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Specific Carbohydrate Diet legal.
This is one of those super simple recipes that is great to have in your weeknight dinner rotation. All you need is one pan, plus basic ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen, and 20 minutes later, dinner is ready! The chicken thighs are first pan seared to create a golden crust and give them some good crisp texture, before being smothered in a pan sauce which is packed with fresh garlic and herbs.
Why you are going to love these easy seared chicken thighs:
- So fast! With a start to finish time of under 20 minutes, this is a fantastic dish to make when you are short on time and looking for something quick and easy to make.
- All you need is basic pantry staples: There are no fancy ingredients needed to make this chicken, in fact you more than likely already have everything in your pantry!
- Great for leftovers: Make extra of this chicken because it’s great to have ready in the fridge to add into salads, wraps or have as a quick meal.
- A super versatile recipe: you can use this recipe as a guide and really modify it depending on what you have. Swap the chicken thighs for breasts and simply cook them for 8 minutes longer.
- It’s Whole30, Paleo, Keto, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Gluten Free and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal too!
Can I use dried herbs?
Using fresh herbs in this recipe is always best, but sometimes fresh just isn’t an option. Dried herbs have a stronger concentration of flavor due to containing less moisture, because of this you should always adjust the quantity when substituting one for the other in a recipe. If a recipe calls for fresh and you are using dried, reduce the quantity by 1/3, and if a recipe calls for dried and you are using fresh then increase the amount by 3 times.
What to serve with these Chicken Thighs:
- Mash! Try serving these chicken thighs with a side of mash to sop up all of the delicious sauce. You could serve them with Cauliflower Mash or for a bit more flavor, or try this Butternut Squash & Carrot Mash.
- Cauliflower Rice! Cauliflower rice is another great side dish to serve with this chicken. You could keep things simple by sautéing the cauliflower rice in avocado oil, or add some garlic and lemon juice for a bit of added flavor.
- Brighten things up with some vibrant veggies! Green beans, asparagus, broccoli or carrots are all easy veggies that you could serve with this chicken.
Seared Chicken Thighs in a Garlic & Herb Sauce
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee or butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Lay the chicken thighs out on a plate and sprinkle them evenly on both sides with the salt, pepper and paprika.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add in the chicken thighs and sear them for 5 minutes until a golden crust forms. Flip the chicken over and cook them for another 2 minutes on the other side and then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the ghee to the skillet along with the garlic and cook for 20 seconds until fragrant before adding in the chicken stock and white wine vinegar, use a wooden spoon to scrape any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Leave the sauce to simmer for 2 minutes before adding in the parsley, oregano and thyme. Give it a stir and then return the seared chicken thighs to the pan. Leave the sauce to simmer for another 3 minutes until it has begun to thicken. Serve garnished with additional parsley.
Enjoy! Want more from Carmen? Be sure to follow her on Instagram and check out her new book: Every Last Bite: A Deliciously Clean Approach to the Specific Carbohydrate Diet