For those who of you who are gluten free or have a gluten sensitivity, you do not want to miss this recipe!
Let us introduce you to JOVIAL’s newest line of Cassava pasta which is gluten free, 100% grain free and organic. This recipe for Tex Mex Grain-Free Cassava Mac & Cheese was created for our community and we tested it in our WOT Test Kitchen, and it is delicious!
This pasta holds up, has great texture, and great taste. With this recipe, you would never guess you are eating a grain free pasta! We added a squeeze of lime as a garnish (optional) and wow — What a burst of freshness with all this yummy pasta!
You can check out JOVIAL’s website for all their complete product line, which by the way are ALL made in Italy. Be sure to follow them on Instagram at jovialfoods for more great meal inspiration. For those who are dairy free, we also included a link to a dairy free recipe from Jovial below this one.
Tex Mex Grain-Free Cassava Mac & Cheese With JOVIAL
- 3 tbsp JOVIAL extra virgin olive oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, sliced
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 8oz box of JOVIAL Grain Free Cassava Elbows
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- wedge of lime
- slices of jalapeno
- In a medium saucepan, cook oil, onion,pepper, and taco seasoning on medium-low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add milk and water. Slowly bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Stir in pasta. Cover and cook for 7 minutes, stir. Replace cover and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Stir in the cheeses.Cover the pot and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
For a dairy free alternative recipe like this, check out this Gluten and Dairy Free Cauliflower Mac and Cheese by JOVIAL.
Trying this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on Instagram!
Feature recipe photo by Lorianne DeVita
This post is sponsored by JOVIAL