Meet one of our go-to holiday appetizers!
These Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon are an easy comfort-food recipe that we have been making in the Women of Today Test Kitchen for years. Not only are they quick to whip up, they also have a beautiful presentation factor.
You can serve these as an appetizer, or serve them with a salad for lunch or a light dinner.
Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon
- 12 pitted dates
- 1/4 lb blue cheese (goat or feta can be used as alternates)
- 6 slices thin slices of bacon cut in half (do not use thick cut bacon)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice dates lengthwise, but do not cut all the way through.
- Open date and add desired amount of cheese in center.
- Close date and wrap it in half a slice of bacon.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Cook in oven for approximately 10 minutes or until bacon is cooked to desired crispness.
- Serve warm!
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!