Meet one of our go-to holiday appetizers!
Our Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon are an easy comfort food recipe that we have been making in the Women of Today Test Kitchen for years. Not only are they quick to whip up, but they also have a beautiful presentation factor.
You can serve these as an appetizer, serve them with a salad for lunch, or as a light dinner.
Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon
- 12 pitted dates
- 1/4 lb. blue cheese (goat or feta can be used as alternates)
- 6 slices thin slices of bacon cut in half (do not use thick-cut bacon)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice dates lengthwise, but do not cut all the way through.
- Open the date and add the desired amount of cheese in the center.
- Close the date and wrap it in half a slice of bacon.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until bacon is cooked to the desired crispness.
- Serve warm!