Spice up your morning with these delicious and savory chicken chilaquiles!
If you’re a fan of Mexican cuisine, this Chicken Chilaquiles dish just might become a new favorite…. The combination of crispy tortilla chips and tangy verde sauce with tender, juicy chicken and creamy queso fresco is a match made in heaven. Not only is this recipe beyond tasty, but it’s also incredibly easy to make, making it a perfect meal for a quick breakfast or brunch.
To make the recipe even more satisfying, add a fried or over-easy egg on top. Plus, we love that this dish is highly customizable, allowing you to experiment with different types of cheese and meat or even add a few jalapeños for a spicy kick.
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 2 cups Mexican verde sauce (we used store bought)
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- ⅓ cup queso fresco or cotija cheese
- Optional – fried or over easy eggs
- Thin sliced red onion rings
- Crema or Sour Cream
- Heat the Verde sauce over medium heat in a medium saucepan, add the cooked shredded chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Divide the tortilla chips into four serving dished and top each serving with one-quarter of the Verde chicken sauce.
- Top each serving with cheese and garnish with crema, sliced red onions, and cilantro.
- Serve immediately, so the tortillas stay crisp.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita