Whether you are a big curry fan or new to this dish, then this flavorful recipe is one you don't want to miss.
This Chicken Curry is a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed on its own, with rice, or naan. The chicken is cooked in a rich and flavorful sauce that is both savory and slightly sweet. It is a great dish to make for a weeknight meal or a special occasion, and it is sure to please everyone at the table. It’s a popular dish worldwide, with many different variations of the recipe. This amazing recipe happens to be our favorite chicken curry, though!
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. curry powder, heaping teaspoons
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (more if you prefer a thinner curry)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 can 14.5-ounce diced tomatoes, drained (optional)
- Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, sliced or shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dry white rice (cooked according to package directions)
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until soft.
- Sprinkle onions with the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the yogurt and cream and simmer gently for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, and tomatoes (if desired) and sliced or shredded chicken. Cook over low heat for 10 -15 minutes.
- Divide the rice and chicken among four individual bowls, spoon the chicken curry over the rice, and sprinkle with the cilantro.