Raise you hand if you love Mexican food as much as we do!
For our true fans of Mexican food, let us present to you this recipe for a Tostada Enchilada Stacker. Combining two classic Mexican dishes into one, you will love all the flavors!
This tasty meal features layers of chicken, veggies, tortillas, sauce, beans, and shredded cheese… it’s a delish dish that is also fun to let the kiddos help you make!
Tostada Enchilada Stacker
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded poblano chile (add more if you like spicy)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 14.5 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 tostada shells
- 8 oz shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, poblano chile, and garlic to pan; cook 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in chile powder, salt, tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Using a potato masher, press diced tomatoes until well blended into the tomato sauce.Add 1 cup of chicken stock and bring to a simmer add chicken, corn, and beans. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place one tostada on a microwave safe dish. Add 1/6th of the mixture to the shell and spread to thinly cover and add 1/6th of the shredded cheese to that layer. Repeat two more times on the 1st stacker. With the remaining tostada shells, build another stacker.
- Place dish into microwave and heat on high for two – three minutes.
- Cut each stacker into two.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
Photos by Lorianne DeVita