It's getting hot outside and this week we felt inspired to get into the WOT Test Kitchen ASAP to bring you the perfect summer soup that is equally as beautiful as it is delicious!
Meet our Chilled Cantaloupe Soup. If you are looking for a light and refreshing appetizer or side dish this summer that comes together in just minutes (seriously, minutes), then look no further.
Not only can this recipe be made in a record time of ten minutes, but the only kitchen tool you will need to make it is a blender – Which means easy clean-up!
WOT we love about this recipe (besides how fast it is): is that it can be served in shot glasses and double as a palette refresher in between courses! It’s also bright and colorful and looks seasonally stunning on any table.
Chilled Cantaloupe Soup
- 1 cantaloupe, rind removed and chopped into chunks, save a few chunks for garnish
- ¾ cup coconut milk, divided
- 1 cup almonds or cashews (we used a 50/50 blend)
- 1 lime juiced
- pinch of sea salt
- In a blender, place ½ of the cantaloupe chunks, ½ cup of coconut milk, 1 cup of nuts, lime juice and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Add the balance of the cantaloupe chunks to the blender and blend until smooth. Adding the balance of the coconut milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Chill for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with chopped mint, lightly crushed almonds, and extra cantaloupe on top.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita