A fall soup that is as delicious as it is beautiful!
If you are looking for the perfect soup to impress your guests with this Thanksgiving, or at any event for that matter, we have you covered with this Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Toasted Gremolata.
This soup is packed with flavor with every single bite — From the creamy cauliflower to the bursts of zesty lemon to the savory crunch of the gremolata… You will savor every single bite.
WOT is gremolata: It’s just a fancy way of saying herb-flavored toasted breadcrumbs!
Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Toasted Gremolata
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower, cored and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 zested lemon
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 zested lemon
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Add the cauliflower and sauté for 10 minutes, until it begins to brown. Add the garlic and sauté for a minute. Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook until very soft, about 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then purée in two batches in a food processor or blender, a full minute per batch for a velvety soup. Strain through a mesh strainer into the pan. Add the cream. Simmer if a thicker soup is desired. Add the cayenne (optional), lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the panko, and sauté until golden. Remove from heat and add fresh parsley and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, and top with gremolata and a drizzle of olive oil just before serving.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita