Here is a new recipe to add to your entrée salad rotation and the first one of its kind that we’ve done in the WOT Test Kitchen.
This $20 Tuesday Crispy Chicken with Lemony Romaine Salad is an oven-fried recipe, so all you need is a sheet pan and rack that fits inside or over the pan… And in less than half an hour, you are going to have crispy oven-fried chicken tenders.
In keeping with true Women of Today fashion, this recipe is quick with affordable and easy to find ingredients.
WOT we love about this recipe: Is the great texture and flavors that this recipe brings. We like to think of this dish as the adult version of chicken tenders that the kids will still like!
Crispy Chicken with Lemony Romaine Salad
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 5 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 2 tsp seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 8 chicken tenders patted dry
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan, plus more for serving
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 thin slices of red onion
- Heat oven to 425 F. Place a rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Whisk the panko breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the seafood seasoning, and ¾ teaspoon black pepper in a bowl.
- Dip the patted dry chicken in the milk in a bowl, then coat with the panko mixture, pressing gently to help it stick.
- Place the chicken on the rack and bake for approx 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- While chicken is baking, in a large mixing bowl, whisk the parmesan, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, lemon zest, the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper. If dressing looks thicker than you like, add a little more olive oil.
- Remove fully baked chicken from oven and slice into pieces.
- To the large mixing bowl, add the romaine, tomatoes, and red onion and toss.
- To serve, place pieces of chicken tenders on top of the romaine salad with additional parmesan.
Enjoy and let us know what you think of this recipe!
If you want more $20 Tuesday recipes you can check them out here!
Note: $20 is an approximate cost for this dish. The actual price of all ingredients may vary.