When the Women of Today team came up with this recipe in our test kitchen, we had to stop and ask ourselves “Should this margarita recipe be saved and posted as a seasonal recipe?” — The overwhelming consensus was, NO! It’s just that good. And honestly, who doesn’t like to drink margaritas all year around?! We don’t discriminate when it comes to a good cocktail around here … If you are anything like us, then you are going to want to be making this all the time.
We love a lot of things about this recipe, but first and foremost is that it is made from scratch and not full of sugar and artificial ingredients! Second, the flavors are incredible (especially the chili), and it’s that ideal ratio of tangy to spicy. Finally, the addition of the cucumber garnish is the perfect refreshing crunch.
Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita with Chili Seasoned Rim
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Lime Zested
- 1 tsp Chili Power
- 1/2 cup Tequila (Use your favorite)
- 1/2 cup Fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup Simple syrup (see below) or Agave Nectar
- 1/8 cup chopped jalapeño
- 1/4 cup chopped English cucumber seeded
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup Turbinado sugar
- Using a wedge of lime with a small slice in the middle, fit over rim of glass and swirl around the entire rim of glass. This can be done ahead of time, so your glasses are already prepared.
- Dip glass rim in the ingredient mixture until well coated.
- Combine all of the above ingredients and muddle together in a spouted mixing cup.
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Using a strainer pour the muddled margarita mixture over the ice. Shake the mixture several times. You will have enough for 2 batches, each batch making one generous margarita.
- Place 3-4 ice cubes in each glass and pour your first batch of chilled margaritas over the cubes in your rimmed and prepared glass. Repeat
- Garnish with thinly sliced English cucumbers and jalapeños.
- Place garnishes on top of the ice cubes so they will stay afloat.
- Combine water and sugar and heat until sugar is dissolved.