Jalapeño queso, but make it vegan!
If you’re looking for a vegan queso recipe that’s creamy, indulgent, and satisfying, look no further than Dadaeats Vegan Jalapeño Queso! The key to this recipe is the use of cashews, which create a rich, buttery texture that’s remarkably similar to cheese. Plus, the roasted jalapeño adds a fiery kick that’s perfect for dipping your favorite tortilla chips.
WOT we love about this recipe: It’s easier than you might think. Simply roast the jalapeño in the oven, blend the soaked cashews with garlic, nutritional yeast, and vegetable broth, and mix everything together until it’s smooth and creamy. The result is a dip that’s perfect for game day, movie night, or any time you’re craving something indulgent and satisfying.
Dada Eats Vegan Jalapeno Queso
- 1 jalapeño
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight or flash-soaked in hot water for one hour
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup vegetable broth, plus extra if needed
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Place the jalapeño on a small parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle it with olive oil so that it is completely coated. Roast the jalapeño in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until it is tender and the skin begins to blacken.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, remove the jalapeño’s stem, and set the jalapeño aside to cool. For a less spicy queso, slice the jalapeño open and remove the seeds.
- Drain the soaked cashews and place them in a high-speed blender or a food processor.
- Add the garlic, nutritional yeast, vegetable broth, and roasted jalapeño. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth and velvety. I live for a thick queso but if yours is coming out too creamy for your liking, blend in a couple extra splashes of vegetable broth.
- Season the queso with salt and pepper to taste, and transfer it to a bowl.
- Serve immediately, with tortilla chips!
Want to try more recipes from Dada Eats? Check out her cookbook; Dada Eats Love to Cook It: 100 Plant-Based Recipes for Everyone at Your Table An Anti-Inflammatory Cookbook!
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!
Recipe by Dadaeats