They are vegan, gluten-free, and JUST sweetened with dates. Okay, are you interested? Let’s talk more about them.
These Dada Dates are shared from Dada Eats, and we can’t wait for you to try this better-for-you dessert. You can make these using only 6 ingredients. That’s correct. SIX. INGREDIENTS. Want to know what they are?
Medjool dates: chewy, juicy, thick, sweet, we love it.
Creamy peanut butter: this is a Snickers bar, after all.
Roasted & salted peanuts: again – this is a Snickers bar, after all.
Shredded coconut: a little spin, à la moi.
Almond flour: a cute base for everything above.
Listen closely everyone, these are vegan, gluten-free, and have no added sugar. Pulls sweetness from the dates, saltiness from the crunchy roasted peanuts, all which are enrobed in a smooth layer of melted dark chocolate.
You will need a high-speed blender or food processor to make these – best news is, that’s all you need! No baking, no other crazy equipment, we truly love to see it.
These are a no-bake recipe – meaning you make them in the blender, form them into cute Snickers squares and then place them in the freezer to firm up while you make the chocolate. Once they’re slightly firm and your chocolate is smooth and glossy, you’ll enrobe them in the chocolate and place them back in the freezer until the chocolate completely hardens.
Dada Snickers (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free)
- 6 large medjool dates
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted peanuts, roughly crushed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine the pitted dates, creamy peanut butter, shredded coconut, and almond flour in a high-speed blender or food processor. Process or blend until a thick and sticky dough is achieved – everything should be fully incorporated.
- Fold the crushed peanuts into the dough. The peanuts don't have to be completely crushed or pulverized, you want some pieces to remain for texture, but you'll want them to be in pretty small pieces so you can more easily form them into Snickers squares!
- Form the snickers dough into squares, using just shy of about 1 tbsp of dough each. Once you've formed all of the snickers, place them onto a parchment lined tray or plate, and place them into the freezer to firm up for about 10-15 minutes. Now, you can prepare the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate with 2 tsp of coconut oil in the microwave in 10-15 second increments, ensuring you are stirring throughout. The chocolate should be smooth and glossy.
- Remove the snickers from the freezer. Coat each snickers with the melted chocolate, dunking them in so they are fully covered, allowing the excess chocolate to drip back down into the bowl. Place them back onto a parchment lined tray or baking sheet. Repeat with all of the snickers.
- Once you've enrobed all dada snickers in chocolate, place back in the freezer until the chocolate has hardened, about 30 minutes. Remove from freezer, let thaw for a minute, and enjoy! Feel free to top with flaky sea salt before enjoying for an extra sweet and salty kick. Store in the freezer for up to a week.
Recipe + text by Dada Eats