Nothing says summer like the beautiful flavor combination of fresh tomatoes and basil.
This one just tastes like summer! This is a great Deconstructed Caprese Salad to serve family-style and has a wow-factor when placed on the table.
The best part about this Deconstructed Caprese Salad is if you use store-bought pesto, you can literally enjoy this salad all year long! This recipe was inspired by a dish we tried at a shore restaurant on the east coast that uses burrata instead of mozzarella. Creative, colorful, tasty, and did we mention easy? This takes about 10 min to go from the kitchen to the table.
Deconstructed Caprese Salad
- 2 large burrata balls or 4 small
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes or similar
- 3 tbsp pesto store bought
- balsamic glaze store bought
- spring mix greens
- sea salt
- extra balsamic glaze
- extra virgin olive oil
- Plate the burrata balls on a serving platter. Add the sliced small tomatoes to the platter and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Add a dollop of pesto to the plate and add small dots of the balsamic glaze around the pesto.
- Finish plate with some spring mix greens.
- Serve with extra balsamic glaze and extra virgin olive oil for drizzling.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita