Looking for a fun and easy Halloween DIY? We have got you covered! A little bit of simple masking tape can go a long way in the crafts department … For Halloween, we decided to use some extra tape we had lying around to make this creative Glowing Mummy Hand. It has just the right amount of fright-factor, and it is perfect as a spooky outdoor decoration because it lights up!
What you need is so simple: masking tape, scissors, a drinking straw, and a glow stick (or battery-powered mini lights). Trust us, you will feel like a DIY Halloween pro with minimal effort and materials!
Glowing Mummy Hand
- Masking Tape
- Drinking Straw
- Glow Stick or Mini-Lights with Batteries
- Place a straw against the wrist and palm as shown (This will help give your arm some room and make it easier to remove at the end!). Start wrapping with the sticky part of the tape faced outward. Wrap all the way to your fingers.
- Once you have your whole hand wrapped, do it again with the sticky side facing down, making sure to cover every part of exposed tape!
- Once your entire hand is covered (twice), take the scissors and run them up the straw to your palm. Be gentle and take your time!
- Pinch the tips of the tape at your fingers and wiggle the tape shell off of your hand. Tape this closed again.
- Turn on your glow stick or battery-operated lights and place them inside of the tape hand.
DIY Inspired by Wholesale Halloween Costumes
Women of Today