Looking for a super easy, healthy, and tasty side dish for your dinner table?
We tried this in the WOT Test Kitchen a couple of months ago and have been making this dish on our regular rotation ever since. Give it a try and we promise this one will become a regular in your kitchen too.
The oven roasting really brings out the flavor in the zucchini and adds a beautiful caramelization to this side dish.
WOT we love about this recipe: by slicing the zucchini lengthwise, it really holds up when roasted and transfers to a serving plate easily. We hope you give this recipe a try and it will be on your regular rotation too!
Easiest Roasted Zucchini Ever
- 4 zucchini
- 1 tsp. Italian or Herbs de Provence seasonings
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim the ends of the zucchini and slice it in half. Slice each half in half again, and the remaining strips in half one more time. One zucchini will give you 8 strips, or a total of 32 strips, using all the zucchini for this recipe.
- Place all the zucchini strips in a roasting pan. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian or Herbs de Provence seasonings.
- Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the zucchini strips, and with clean hands, gently toss and rotate the zucchini to get an even distribution of seasonings.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, using a spatula, and gently move the zucchini strips in the pan to expose the zucchini that hasn’t been browned. Return the roasting pan to the oven and cook for another 20 minutes until nicely browned.
- Using two spatulas or large spoons, remove the zucchini strips from the pan and plate on a serving dish.
- Sprinkle the finely shredded Parmesan cheese on top, the heat from the zucchini will melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita