Looking for a super easy, healthy, and tasty side dish for your dinner table?
We tried this in the WOT Test Kitchen a couple of months ago and have been making this dish on our regular rotation ever since. Give it a try and we promise this one will become a regular in your kitchen too.
The oven roasting really brings out the flavor in the zucchini and adds a beautiful caramelization to this side dish.
WOT we love about this recipe: by slicing the zucchini lengthwise, it really holds up when roasted and transfers to a serving plate easily. We hope you give this recipe a try and it will be on your regular rotation too!
Easiest Roasted Zucchini Ever
- 4 zucchini
- 1 tsp Italian or Herbs de Provence seasonings
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim ends of zucchini and slice in half. Slice each half in half and the remaining strips in half one more time. One zucchini will give you 8 strips or a total of 32 strips using all the zucchini for this recipe.
- Place all the zucchini strips in a roasting pan. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian or Herbs de Provence seasonings.
- Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the zucchini strips and with clean hands, gently toss and rotate the zucchini to get an even distribution of seasonings.
- Place roasting pan in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and using a spatula gently, move the zucchini strips in the pan to expose zucchini that hasn’t browned. Return roasting pan to the oven and cook for another 20 minutes until nicely browned.
- Using two spatulas or large spoons, remove the zucchini strips from the pan and plate on a serving dish.
- Sprinkle the finely shredded Parmesan cheese on top, the heat from the zucchini will melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita