Add a little extra flavor and crunch to your next meal!
If you love elevating your salads, sandwiches, tacos, or really any meal with pickled vegegies, this Easy Pickled Vegetable recipe from WOT reader @marilynmontross is for you!
Pickled vegetables are delicious, and in case you didn’t know, pickling is actually a really great way to preserve any excess vegetables you don’t want to go bad. It’s also a lot easier than you might think to pickle your own vegetables at home.
WOT we love most about pickling: You can use whatever vegetables you have on hand and adjust the brine with other seasonings to suit your liking.
Easy Pickled Vegetables
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar
- 2 cups sliced or chopped veggie of choice
- Add the vinegar, salt, and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then cool.
- Pour over 2 cups of chopped whatever. Jalapeños, onions, cucumbers, whatever!
- Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita