This recipe is healthy and so easy to make! It is one of my favorite dishes to cook for my family for dinner.
Easy Roasted Chicken with Vegetables
- 2 chicken drumsticks
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 small onion
- 3 gloves of smashed and roughly chopped garlic
- 2 small purple potatoes
- 2 small gold potatoes
- 2 small carrots
- 1/2 cup broccoli floretts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Season chicken drumsticks and thighs with salt, pepper and lemon juice. (If you have the time, let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for one hour).
- Wash and prep vegetables and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add the vegetables to a cast-iron skillet or baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces skin side down to the top of the vegetables.
Bake for 20 minutes, flip the chicken skin side up and toss the vegetables. Check on the chicken and vegetable every 20 minutes and mix vegetables for even browning. Total cook time is 60 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Let chicken rest for 5 minutes, plate and serve.
Photos by: Lorianne DeVita