Where are all our guacamole lovers at?
Straight out of the WOT Test Kitchen this week is a unique twist on a traditional favorite, Guacamole with Apple and Chipotle! This combination of flavors brings together the creamy richness of ripe avocados, the tanginess of lime juice, and the sweet crispness of Granny Smith apples. But what takes this guacamole to the next level is the addition of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, which infuse the dish with a subtle smoky heat.
Once you try this guacamole, you’ll want to keep it in your rotation of go-to recipes because it is perfect for parties, gatherings, or simply enjoying as a satisfying snack.
If you’re new to chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, don’t worry, they can be easily found in the Mexican food section of your local grocery store, typically in small cans.
Guacamole with Apple and Chipotle
- 3 avocados, ripe, halved, pitted, and removed from the skin
- pinch of Kosher salt
- ½ large lime juiced
- ½ granny smith apple, diced
- 3 tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- Tortilla Chips
- In a large bowl, add the 6 halves of the avocados along with a good pinch of kosher or coarse salt and the lime juice.
- Mash the avocados with the lime juice until combined but still chunky.
- Add the diced apples and fold into the guacamole.
- Top with the chipotle pepper in adobo sauce and serve with tortilla chips.
All photos by Lorianne DeVita