Vegan butter that tastes just as rich and creamy as the real thing? Yup, we have a recipe for it.
We’ve teamed up with H-E-B to bring you the recipe creamy Vegan Butter that tastes just as good as the real thing!This one is of course for all our plant-based and dairy free friends, but we have to say… It’s really a recipe for everyone because it truly is delicious.
Check out the video below to see Camila make this dish step-by-step.
WOT’s the secret ingredient? We use turmeric to enhance the color and provide a slight earthy flavor to this butter. Make sure to add a little bit at a time so you don’t add too much!
- Regular Blender
- ½ cup HEB Organics Refined Coconut Oil (Make sure it is REFINED)
- ¼ cup Higher Harvest by HEB GF Almond Flour
- ¼ cup oat milk (unsweetened and unflavored)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- Dash of HEB Ground Turmeric ground turmeric (for color)
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pot and allow it to get to room temperature. The coconut oil must be in a liquid state.
- Place the almond flour, milk, salt, nutritional yeast, vinegar, and turmeric into a blender and blend until smooth. Turn off the blender.
- Add the refined coconut oil all at once and blend until very smooth. About 30 seconds on a medium-speed blender setting. Do not let the blender get hot, this can cause the mixture to separate.
- Pour the liquid butter into a container, cover, and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Let butter soften at room temperature for 10 or so minutes before spreading it on your favorite piece of bread or muffin.
- Store butter in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Disclaimer: We have not baked with this butter in the WOT Test Kitchen. We have only used it as a delicious spread.
Recipe Sponsored by H-E-B