No summer season is complete without a great grilling recipe
This is a great Chicken or Beef Kabobs recipe for a little backyard BBQ. Assembly for these kabobs is quick and easy so even the kids can help out making them. You can make this recipe with beef or chicken or a combination of both (that’s our preference).
Similar grilling recipes call for brown sugar, but in true WOT fashion we wanted to make these better for you so we used honey as the sugar substitute, and it worked great!
Tip: Watch your kabobs carefully while grilling because the meat can cook quite quickly!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, large and minced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast or beef top sirloin cut into bite sized cubes
- 4 pieces pineapple chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into large chunks (we used large jalapenos)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 white onion cut into large slices
- 4 skewers
- Whisk honey, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, and ground ginger together in a bowl; pour into a gallon-sized sealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken/beef, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, flipping the bag several times as the meat marinates.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to medium - high, and lightly brush with oil.
- Remove meat from the marinade and discard excess marinade.
- Thread chicken/beef, peppers, and onions, and finish with one pineapple chunk on the top of the skewer.
- Cook the skewers until nicely browned, turning often.
- Approximate cooking time: 10-15 Min
Photos by Lorianne DeVita