Today Camila is sharing with us her all-time favorite go-to Lasagna Recipe!
This classic Lasagna Recipe does not disappoint! It’s a great dish to make because you usually have leftovers that keep very well! You can also make an entire lasagna and freeze the whole thing for times you need a quick dinner that is ready to go.
Camila’s Lasagna Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 plum Tomatoes, chopped
- 1.5 lbs 80/20 ground beef When we do eat red meat we Iike to keep some fat in there for flavor!
- 2 24oz jars of your favorite tomato sauce We used Mario Batali tomato basil
- 1/2 cup thinly chopped A way to sneak in the vegetables and the kids don’t even realize they are eating
- 1/2 cup corn
- Spanish green olives Sliced in half to taste
- 4 basil leaves
- drizzle of honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb deli ham
- 1 box lasagna noodles or fresh pasta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat a large sauce pot over medium heat add olive oil, minced garlic and 2 large pinches of salt. Add the onions and cook down a little bit or until they become clear, then add tomatoes.
- Increase heat to high and add the ground beef. If the meat becomes lumpy while cooking, grab a whisk and smash it to break apart the meat. Add black pepper and salt to taste. Season the meat well.
- Cook until the liquid is almost evaporated and meat is cooked through. You don’t want to have the meat get too dry. Add two jars of your favorite jar sauce. Depending how meaty you like your sauce, adjust the amount of jar sauce you add to the skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until sauce comes to a boil, and then reduce to a low heat and cook for 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add carrots, corn, green olives, 4 basil leaves, and a drizzle of honey. If needed, add more salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking on low for another 10 minutes.
- In a lasagna pan, add thin layer of sauce to cover bottom of pan. Place lasagna noodles on top of sauce according to package directions or place fresh pasta sheets.
- Top with a layer of ham and then a layer of sliced mozzarella cheese. Cover this layer with sauce and repeat another two layers and use the shredded mozzarella cheese on the top layer.
- In a preheated 350 degree F oven bake lasagna covered with greased aluminum foil for 55 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes. Let lasagna rest for 10 minutes before eating.
Making this recipe? Be sure and share it with us on the WOT Instagram or on Facebook!