Looking for a great first course to serve at your next dinner party? Then look no further than this recipe for Mango Gazpacho … It has gourmet flavors, and is VERY quick and easy to make.
Simply combine your ingredients, blend, serve and garnish. You will easily be able to whip this up and impress guests! The recipe is also vegetarian and gluten free.
- 2 mangoes ripe, peeled and pitted (cut into chunks)
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 6 oz low fat plain yogurt (do not use Greek style)
- 2 small limes or 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 English cucumber
- 4 tbsp Mascarpone cheese
- In a blender, combine mango chunks, orange juice, yogurt and lime juice. Puree until smooth. Chill for at least six hours or even better, overnight for optimum flavor.
- Equally divide gazpacho into for small serving cups or bowls.
- Using a vegetable peeler, make four long ribbons of cucumber peeling the length of the cucumber. Roll each piece starting at one end and gently press as you roll each ribbon to hold circular shape. Repeat three times so you will have 4 cucumber wheels.
- Place one cucumber wheel into each serving bowl and add one tablespoon of mascarpone cheese into each serving.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!